Thursday, July 09, 2009

You might like me













I long to share things with you
thoughts, feelings, my heart
Yet you choose to talk about the weather
and the son of a long forgotten friend

I’m part of you
I came out of you
Yet you deny the part of me
that I want to give back to you

So, I share in the superficial
join the chatter and fill the dead air
with lifeless words
inside me is me
unspoken, unrealized, unknown

I retreat to my room to my
pen and paper expose,
And wait for the airport farewell
my crocodile tears
the prolonged goodbye
to a cardboard cutout of someone
I want to know better
who smiled and said,
“not today thank you.”


Lesley-Anne Evans, Sept. 2007

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your poems. They give me a glimpse into your heart and they speak of themes I can relate to.

    ReplyDelete

My Grace Notes Fan Box

Lesley-Anne Evans on Facebook