Friday, March 27, 2009

In a London Fog!

Tonight I went on a little date with my husband… just for an hour to escape from the house and get a little face time together. We ended up at Starbucks, and when I looked over the menu I decided on a new drink. A London Fog is new to me… I've heard someone order it before, but had no clue what it was. So, I decided that I was up for a little adventure tonight but needed to know a little more about what I was ordering.

I looked at the 16-something trendy 'barrista' and asked, "What's in a London Fog?" He looked me directly in the eye and said this, "Well, it's earl grey tea, with shots of vanilla, and half water, half steamed milk. And the tea is really cool… it comes in it's own little fabric bag that floats in your cup." I swear to you… that's what he said! He didn't smile, blink or give any indication that he knew that tea ALWAYS comes in little fabric bags that float in your cup. I looked him directly in the eye and said, "Then I'll take a tall London Fog."

Then I sat with my new drink, and marveled at how the fabric bag floated there, and shared a good belly laugh with my husband. And I wondered how many other young employees thought that this new tea thing was "really cool", having no idea that they are living in a bit of a Starbucks induced London Fog of their own!!!

Bottoms up!

Lesley-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Grace Notes Fan Box

Lesley-Anne Evans on Facebook